So, the other day as I am reading through my regular blogs I started reading Life, Really, and when I got to the end of the post and she tagged me with two great awards – I Dig Your Blog and The Versatile Blogger.
I feel so honored – thanks, Kathy! So, now I get to tell you 10 fun facts about myself…
1. I love dancing. I started when I was three years old (officially) and haven’t stopped since. To make sure I get a little fix each week I go to Zumba and shake it with all these lovely suburban wives – one of which I am not and most likely will never be (well, if I have anything to say about it – the suburban part, open to the wife part…).
2. I think in lines of poetry, but then have to filter it to sound more normal so my friends don’t look at me like I am a crazy helpless romantic. Trust me, I have given them straight stream line before and the eyes start rolling left and right.
3. I also speak in sound effects from time to time. My closest friends now know what I am saying – it never fails to impress me.
4. I still have no idea what I want to be when I grow up. I love fashion, but I am also loving working in the medical field (never thought I would utter those words). How could we combine Carrie Bradshaw and Meredith Grey into one?! One thing I do know, is I would like to live outside of the Midwest for at least awhile.
5. I am obsessed with personality tests. I am an INFJ. I am a high DI on the disc profile. My five strengths are Relator, Discipline, Intellection, Futuristic, and Learner in Strength Finders 2.0. What are you?
6. I want to go to Bali. Better yet, I want to live in Bali for awhile at some point. I joke about moving there whenever I feel like I need a break from reality.
7. I am a vegetarian. I do not like eating things with a face. I also prefer organic and all natural. Yup, basically a little hippie in that sense and I am completely okay with that. I do not care if others eat meat though – to each their own.
8. I love music SO much. It is therapeutic for my soul. I love discovering new artists, others sharing new artists with me, and especially supporting independent artists – thankfully, I live in a city that has a huge music scene so there are a lot of local artists, meaning concerts all the time.
9. I look at the world and see how beautiful it is and think – dang, our Creator is an artist, and that makes me thankful to be created in the image of God. Not sure where you stand with God, but I love Jesus.
10. I am getting to know my mom for the first time in 16 years (long story – just know it is has had a happy ending) and it one of the most amazing gifts I have ever been given. No matter how old I am and independent, I still love having my mom back.
So, some of these are deeper or heavier – but they are real. Thought, you should get to see a more real side of me since we do have these lovely daily meetings. And, as much as I love fashion, we all know it isn’t the only thing in life.
Now it is my turn to tag some of my lovely blogger friends that I find lovely and versatile and I completely dig…
Dawn of The Alternative Wife
Chelsea of Zipped
Meghan of Wishful Thinking
Katie of Katie’s Creative
Elie of Punctuation Mark
Kel of AMuse About
Clare of Clarabelle
Kimberlee of Brown Button
Julie of Belle Maison
Elsie of A Beautiful Mess
Be sure to go check these ladies out – as they truly are inspiring women.
Happy first day of November (is time flying by for anyone else?!)!